PROMOTING STEM APPROACH AND DIGITAL COMPETENCES
JUGAAD is a dynamic project focused on upskilling teachers and supporting students in integrating a STEM approach into their educational journey. The project is driven by the belief that STEM education fosters critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and prepares students for future challenges.
- Develop digital skills of teachers and students, enabling them to apply these skills across various subjects and areas.
- Promote and disseminate the STEM approach among teachers and students, emphasizing interdisciplinarity, transdisciplinary, experiential learning, and problem-solving.
- Support teachers in their regular activities by providing concrete tools and resources through engaging workshops.
- Foster an assessment framework that evaluates functional and motivating skills, creating an engaging learning experience for students.
- Develop open educational resources (OER) that are free, multilingual, and open for further development.
THE EDUCATIONAL TOOLKIT
will consist of 15 workshops, each lasting one hour, designed speciﬁcally for students aged 8-14. These workshops are categorized as follows:
- Workshops designed for remote implementation
- Workshops utilizing computers or tablets
- Workshops utilizing basic STEM Kits (widely available in schools according to project partners’ evaluation)
The Assessment Toolkit, enables the evaluation of skills acquired through the Education Toolkit workshops by both teachers and students. This innovative toolkit employs gamiﬁcation techniques to stimulate participants to demonstrate their skills, while badging adds substance to their achievements and encourages further skill development.
The e-learning platform serves as a hub for all project materials and information, housing both the Education Toolkit and Assessment Toolkit as open educational resources (OER). Teachers and students can access the platform to explore the tools, access necessary materials, and gather crucial information to enhance their learning experience.